Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The first time I went to Glasgow was in 1995. My most recent visit was for Easter, in 2008. This year, I'm going over for Hogmanay (New Year's Eve) which is something I've wanted to do since 1995. Here are some pictures from the last time I was there:

Glasgow20024
Lobey Dosser, Woodlands Road


This statue is near where I used to live when I was studying at Glasgow University, and is a cartoon character.

Glasgow20040
The Cloisters, Glasgow University


The Cloisters is in the inner courtyard of the University. If I remember right, I had to pass through it, or near it, to get to my classes. I also used to spend a lot of time there practicing fighting with fake swords.

Glasgow20043
Kelvingrove Museum


And, finally, one of my favorite pictures of the statues on the bridge leading to the Kelvingrove Museum. I actually took this one in 1996, with a film camera:

glasgow020

No comments:

Post a Comment