Monday, August 23, 2010

wayback machine: the gates, 2005

The snowman expresses how I felt today:

IMG_1822


That's Christo and Jeanne-Claude's The Gatesin the background there. I was living in New Jersey at the time, and I had to make a special trip in to town to see them. In addition to being snowy, it was raw and cold and slippery, and a goo many pictures from the set are blurry and strange, probably because my hands were shaking.

IMG_1820


I really did like the Gates, even though they were kind of ridiculous. Perhaps because they were ridiculous. They were just such a beautiful burst of color in the snow.

IMG_1816


After tottering around Central Park I took myself out to lunch at Alice's Tea Cup, which at the time was a significant extravagance. I was already kind of sick, and I think it was after this that I came down with the world's worst case of bronchitis.

It was worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment