Saturday, September 4, 2010

view from the boom boom room

IMG_5263
New York, Dec. 31, 2009


I have a superstition about New Year's Eve, i.e. that how I spend it will affect the year to come. For 2010, I chose to go to the Standard Hotel. I only went into the Boom Boom Room briefly, before the actual party. (Afterwards I spent the evening in my room with my sister, eating delicious room service and watching Green Day on TV.) It was just as glamorous as everyone says it is, even mostly empty. Here are some views from the windows:

The end of the High Line:

IMG_5265


West Side Highway and the Hudson River:

IMG_5275


And one of the ceiling from the way in:

IMG_5270


2010 has been marked by a lot of travel. In fact, this new year's eve, I'll be in Glasgow, among old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment